2016 Maryland Cybersecurity Center Symposium
Fifth Annual Maryland Cybersecurity Center Symposium
December 5, 2016
Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center
University of Maryland, College Park
All speaker sessions will be held in Orem A/B
Lunch will be in the Heise Ballroom
MC2’s Fifth Annual Cybersecurity Symposium will showcase the latest research being done by faculty and students at the Maryland Cybersecurity Center. It also provides an opportunity for cybersecurity professionals in the region to connect with colleagues across academia, industry, and the federal government.
- 8:30 - 9 Registration/Breakfast
- 9 - 9:05 Welcome: Jonathan Katz, MC2 Director
- 9:05 - 9:40 Daniel Ennis, Executive Director, UMD Cyber Initiative: “The State of Cybersecurity in Maryland”
- 9:45 - 10:15 Tudor Dumitras, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering: “Automatic Feature Engineering: Learning to Detect Malware by Mining the Scientific Literature”
- 10:15 - 10:45 Michael Hicks, Professor, Department of Computer Science: “Build It, Break It, Fix It: Contesting Secure Development”
- 10:45 - 11 Break
- 11 - 11:30 Ankur Srivastava, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering: “New Advances in Logic Obfuscation”
- 11:30 - 12 Jen Golbeck, Associate Professor, College of Information Studies: “Consumer Perceptions of Privacy and Security”
- 12 - 1:30 Lunch/Student Poster Session
- 1:30 - 2:30 ACES Panel: "The First Cohort Looks Back," featuring Michel Cukier, moderator and ACES Director; Josiah Dykstra, Laboratory of Telecommunications Sciences; and ACES students
- 2:30 - 3 Michelle Mazurek, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science: “You Get Where You’re Looking For: The Impact of Information Sources on Code Security”
- 3 - 3:15 Break
- 3:15 - 3:45 John Baras, Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering: "Trust, Composite Trust, Human Behavior, Semirings"
- 3:45 - 4:15 Charalampos Papamanthou, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering: "Practical Searchable Encryption for Data on Disk"
- 4:15 - 5 Sonny Sinha, Former Senior Advisor for Cybersecurity to the Undersecretary of the Department of Homeland Security-National Protection and Programs Directorate: “Cybersecurity and Technology Priorities for the Next Administration”
- 5 - 6 Networking Reception
- Industry/Government/Academic = $50
- Full-Time Students (undergraduate and graduate students) = No Charge
- Must show student ID at check in.
- Press (if covering event)
Please make arrangements in advance with Tom Ventsias (email@example.com), UMIACS Communications Director.
Please visit, https://www.regonline.com/MC2Symposium2016
Vendor Showcase Tables
If you would like to reserve a showcase table to display information/products about your company, please contact us at MC2symposium@umiacs.umd.edu.
Directions and Parking
The Riggs Alumni Center is located at 7801 Alumni Drive, College Park, MD 20742. (Campus map.) The best parking locations are in the Stadium Drive Garage (enter at the NE side near the Atrium) or on the top level of the Union Lane Garage Eastside.
We look forward to seeing you there!