2015 Maryland Cybersecurity Center Symposium
Fourth Annual Maryland Cybersecurity Center Symposium
December 7, 2015
Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center
University of Maryland, College Park
Registration is now closed.
MC2’s Fourth Annual Cybersecurity Symposium will showcase the latest research being done by faculty and students at the Maryland Cybersecurity Center. It also provides an opportunity for cybersecurity professionals in the region to connect with colleagues across academia, industry, and the federal government.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration and Networking Breakfast
- 9:00 - 9:05 Welcome: Prof. Jonathan Katz, Director, MC2
- 9:05 - 9:35 Prof. Michel Cukier - “Is Deterrence Working? Some Empirical Studies in Cybersecurity" (slides)
- 9:35 - 10:05 Prof. Jonathan Katz - "Secure Computation" (slides)
- 10:05 - 10:35 Dr. Dave Levin - "The Ugly Truth about Certificate Revocation"
- 10:35 - 10:50 Break
- 10:50 - 11:20 Prof. Dana Dachman-Soled - "Cryptography Against Physical Attacks" (slides)
- 11:20 - 11:45 Andrew Ruef - "Build It, Break It, Fix It: A New Kind of Cybersecurity Contest" (slides)
- 11:45 - 12:15 Prof. Rajeev Barua - "Software Tools for Combatting Advanced Malware" (please contact Prof. Barua for copies of the slides)
- 12:15 - 1:30 Lunch
- 1:30 - 2:00 Prof. Charalampos Papamanthou - "Searching Over Encrypted Data" (slides)
- 2:00 - 2:30 Prof. Tudor Dumitras - "Vulnerability Disclosure in the Age of Social Media: Exploiting Twitter for Predicting Real-World Exploits" (slides)
- 2:30 - 3:00 Prof. Marshini Chetty – "Usable, Livable, and Inclusive Cybersecurity" (slides)
- 3:00 - 3:30 Break
- 3:30 - 4:00 Prof. Shuvra Bhattacharyya - "Methodologies and Tools for Design and Implementation of Secure Wireless Communications Systems" (slides)
- 4:00 - 4:45 Andrew Miller - "Tutorial: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies" (slides)
- Industry/Government/Academic = $50
- Full-Time Students (undergraduate and graduate students) = No Charge
- Must show student ID at check in.
- Press (if covering event)
Please make arrangements in advance with Tom Ventsias (email@example.com), UMIACS Communications Director.
Vendor Showcase Tables
If you would like to reserve a showcase table to display information/products about your company, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions and Parking
The Riggs Alumni Center is located at 7801 Alumni Drive, College Park, MD 20742. (Campus map.) The best parking locations are in the Stadium Drive Garage (enter at the NE side near the Atrium) or on the top level of the Union Lane Garage Eastside.
We look forward to seeing you there!