Intermediate CyberSTEM Camp
The Intermediate CyberSTEM camp is a one-week commuter summer program at the University of Maryland, College Park for high school (incoming 9th and 10th grade) girls who are interested in the growing field of cybersecurity. This 5 day experience provides hands-on activities focused on STEM and cybersecurity topics. Attendees will learn and apply basic concepts of programming, computer forensics, cryptography, steganography, system vulnerabilities and program management from a series of gaming, modeling, simulation activities and hands-on exercises, which explore the interconnections of science, math, technology, and computers. Participants did NOT need to attend our middle school camp in order to be eligible. This camp covers similar content areas as CyberSTEM camp for 7th and 8th graders, and allows for a deeper and more in-depth exploration of the subject matter.
To allow young women explore and apply various topics within the STEM and cybersecurity fields by linking research to practice through hands-on experience.
Program Dates and Times
- Dates: Monday July 25-Friday July 29, 2016
- Time: 9:00am-3:30pm (aftercare will be provided for an additional fee)
Tentative Topics Covered
- Digital Forensics
- System Vulnerabilities
- Cyberethics, Cybersafety and Cybersecurity
- Digital information Representation
- Campus Tour
- Field trip to the NSA Cryptologic Museum
- Team Building Exercises
- Guest Speakers
Please note that the schedule is subject to change as new opportunities arise.
The cost of the program is $540. This fee covers all expenses except daily lunch and transportation to and from the University of Maryland. Please do not include the fee at the time of application. The fee is due upon acceptance to the program. Aftercare will be provided for an additional fee of $100 for the week.
- All forms must be completed by May 27, 2016
- Any required signatures must be completed by hand. Please note the highlighted fields are required signatures.
- Any other required information can be completed in the PDF or by hand.
All forms must be emailed to our Intermediate CyberSTEM Drop Box or mailed to the address at the bottom of this page.
How to Apply:
Applications for the 2016 Summer Camp are now closed.
- If you would like to be added to our email list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3400 A.V. Williams Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
If you have any questions, please contact: