CyberSTEM camp is a one-week commuter summer program at the University of Maryland, College Park for middle school (incoming 7th and 8th grade) girls who are interested in the growing field of cybersecurity. This 5 day experience provides hands-on activities focused on STEM and cybersecurity topics. Attendees will learn and apply basic concepts of programming, forensics, cryptography, and program management from a series of gaming, modeling, and simulation activities, which explore the interconnections of science, math, technology, and computers.
To allow young women explore various topics within the STEM and cybersecurity fields by linking research to practice through hands-on experience. Participants will be introduced to the cybersecurity programs available at the University of Maryland and they will be exposed to various topics and careers in the field of cybersecurity.
Program Dates and Times
- Dates: Monday July 17 - July 21
- Time: 9:00am-3:30pm (aftercare will be provided for an additional fee)
- Programming: Scratch and Java Script
- Digital Forensics
- System Vulnerabilities
- Cyberethics, Cybersafety and Cybersecurity
- Digital Information Representation
- Campus Tour
- Field trip to the NSA Cryptologic Museum
- Team Building Exercises
- Guest Speakers
Field Trips and Speakers: Includes speakers discussing and sharing cutting edge technology and the requirements for careers in computer security, digital forensics, and other STEM based fields.
The cost of the program is $540. This fee covers all expenses except daily lunch and transportation to and from the University of Maryland. Please do not include the fee at the time of application. The fee is due upon acceptance to the program. Aftercare will be provided for an additional fee of $100 for the week.
Camp Participation Forms - CLICK HERE - Do not fill out forms until you have been admitted to the program!
- All forms must be completed by May 27, 2017
- Any required signatures must be completed by hand. Please note the highlighted fields are required signatures.
- Any other required information can be completed in the PDF or by hand.
All forms must be emailed to our CyberSTEM Drop Box or mailed to the address at the bottom of this page.
How to Apply:
Applications for the 2017 Summer Camp will open in January!
- If you would like to be added to our email list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3400 A.V. Williams Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
If you have any questions, please contact: